Monday, November 21, 2011

Toastmasters Conferences

Just back from an action packed weekend of Toastmasters. I attended the Toastmasters District 61 Fall Conference and had the opportunity to see the 2007 World Champion of Public Speaking - Vikas Jhingran - present a workshop on using emotion to capture the audience. He certainly captured our attention as he gave 3 fantastic speeches, including the one that got him to the world stage.

I also saw a fairly new Toastmaster give her speech as the test speaker for the English Evaluation Contest where she shared her dream of becoming a World Champion and I agree with all of her evaluators - she has the right stuff to get there and I look forward to seeing her on stage in the near future.

The weekend was filled with laughter and workshops and speeches and networking and meals and more. So much so that all I could think of when I got home was sleeping.

As the District 61 Public Relations Officer, I tried to capture some of the event and did a couple of video interviews which I uploaded to YouTube. But there is so much to a conference, it is impossible to capture the spirit of it. You have to be there to really drink it all in. If you ever have a chance to attend a Toastmasters Conference - take it. The next one for our District is in Vaudreuil at the end of April, but no matter where you live, there is a Toastmasters event near you. Check it out.

Fran
P.S. Here is a link to some of the videos I took videos

No comments: