Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Me and My Big Mouth

When you belong to a public speaking organization like Toastmasters, all of your friends and family think that you should be the guest speaker at all their events, and so it happened that I got nominated to give a talk at our local computer club meeting.

Panic sets in, what will I talk about, it has to be computer related, and I have very little time to prepare. What will I do?

Hmmmm....Toastmasters is about communication skills and we have learned that you communicate in various ways, with pictures, body language and words. They say a picture is worth a thousand words..... That's it, I will work with pictures and tell them what I know about fixing photos in Paint Shop Pro. I can tell them about how I touched up a picture of a person who had a bruise on her head so that I could send the picture to the paper.

Well, once again, thanks to the skills I have been developing at Toastmsters, the thinking on my feet I do with Table Topics, I have pulled myself out of the depths of despair (well, ok I wasn't that desparate...yet) and have chosen a topic to work on. Now I will get to work.

Happy speaking

Fran Watson
www.franwatson.ca

No comments: