Sunday, September 16, 2012

Where Have I Been?

Wow. I didn't realize how much time had passed since I last posted. Made me stop and think - where have I been? Last year I was the Public Relations Officer for the District. My term ended June 30th, so May and June were very busy with conference and newsletters and more. I also became very involved with a project in my home town - The Diversity Festival - which was held on July 7th and was very successful. Then we were in to the summer with a family reunion, my boyfriend's family visiting from overseas, my daughter coming from Taiwan for a visit and work. Recently I presented a 3 hour workshop to the local military base on communication. So, that's where I have been.

Where am I going now?

This year I took on the role of Area Governor, which means that I took on a role to help the clubs in my area learn and grow. Yesterday I attended training designed to make me more effective in this role. I am in the process of organizing an Area Speech Contest for Humorous speeches and Evaluations. I am learning more about speaking and life in general through a course called BANABU and I am continuing to present workshops on Time Management, Conflict Resolution, Personality Dimensions, Communication and more.

I will get back to my blogs and provide content for club members and anyone interested in public speaking.

If you have a comment or a question, something you would like me to discuss or provide more information on, please comment below.

All the best to you and your speaking career.

Fran

No comments: